Friday, February 1, 2013

Okay - a few comments about the recipes I tried Week One.  These were all from the 7 Day Kickstart Cookbook. 
  • The Vegetable Soup was delicious!  Lots of flavor and very satisfying.  Preparation was easy if you don't mind the time involved for cutting up all the veggies.  I added a bit of crushed red pepper to give it a little kick.
  • Poached Chicken:  So I cook a lot and think I'm pretty good at it but I've never poached a chicken breast!  I gave it a try and was underwhelmed by the result.  I think I will stick to baking it because I don't think there are any nutritional differences.
  • Greek Yogurt:  This was a choice for either a breakfast or a snack.  You had to get the 0% fat, plain greek yogurt which I was sure would be disgusting!  However, after adding only a teaspoon of raw honey and mixing in the raw almonds I actually loved it!  (The recipe did not say to add the honey - I figured adding a tsp of honey a day to the diet was not going to derail me haha!).  I couldn't believe that it was fat free - so rich and creamy!
  • About the raw honey - she has a note in her cookbook that it's much better for you than the filtered, processed version.  I loved it but I have to say I can't believe how expensive it was - $8.99 for a 6 oz. jar!  Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment