Friday, February 1, 2013

Week One

After a very stressful couple of years where I've managed to pack on an addition 15 lbs, I finally got my mind straight and ready to turn things around!  So I chose the Jillian Michaels Body Revolution program to get the job done.  I just completed my first week and decided to start this blog to chart my progress.  I'll be talking about how I feel during the process, as well as critiquing the recipes from her cookbook.  Hopefully this will help me stay motivated and also provide you guys with some info on this program!  So here we go!

Height:  5'8"
Starting Weight:  157 lbs
Measurements:  Bust 36", Waist 31", Hips 39"

Week 1:  I chose to do the kickstart plan for the first week which includes 2 workouts a day instead of one as well as cutting out grains, fruits and only one serving of low-fat dairy per day.  This plan is supposed to kick-start your metoblism which sounded good to me!  I felt really tired for the first 4 days, I suppose because of the low carb part.  I also cut out Diet Pepsi and alcohol.  You are allowed to have up to 400 mg of caffeiene but I'm not a coffee drinker so I've had one 5-hour energy first thing in the morning.  Anyway, I've stuck to the workouts and diet exactly and the worst symptom has been the fatigue which got a lot better by day 5.  I've also been pretty sore from the workouts but I LOVE the fact that they are only 30 minutes long.  My first weigh in is tomorrow - hopefully I'll see some results!

More to come on the recipes I tried for week 1...

No comments:

Post a Comment